"the play's the thing"
3GT artists are creating both onstage and off
COVID 19 & 3GT
Starting in October 2021, 3GT intends to perform our work in-person again! However, please note that attendance numbers will be limited for the safety of all of our patrons, artists and staff . As we navigate changes in local city, county, state, and national policies for public gatherings, we will keep our preventative practices and protocols posted here. We'll also post videos of performances and related content, whenever possible, on our social media pages (including our YouTube channel). Despite the challenges, you can be sure that 3Girls Theatre is committed to keep developing, promoting, and presenting women’s voices in 2022 and beyond.
- Wed, Mar 01San Francisco
- Sun, Mar 05San FranciscoMar 05, 7:30 PMSan Francisco, 470 Florida St, San Francisco, CA 94110, USADuring its 2022 season, 3GT launched a new pilot project, a professional development workshop for BIPOC theater artists looking to become dramaturgs. In addition to a crash course on the subject participants then enjoyed a paid role as a dramaturg on a 3GT script-in-development.
- Tue, Mar 07San Francisco
- Wed, Mar 08San FranciscoMar 08, 7:30 PMSan Francisco, 470 Florida St, San Francisco, CA 94110, USAPlaywright Karen Caronna tells the story of Hollis, newly arrived at the Sunset Vista Villas who after finding herself attracted to Harold also finds herself competing for his affections with his wheelchair-bound wife, dreaming of escape and scoring tickets to a Rolling Stones concert
- Sat, Mar 11San FranciscoMar 11, 2:00 PMSan Francisco, 470 Florida St, San Francisco, CA 94110, USAThis project by Cat Brooks and Dr. Ayodele Nzinga who worked together on 'Tasha, intends to raise up the voices and untold stories of missing and murdered Black Women in connection with Oakland’s place as major stop on the global human trafficking circuit.
- Sun, Mar 12San FranciscoMar 12, 7:30 PMSan Francisco, 470 Florida St, San Francisco, CA 94110, USAThis biographical comedy by Linda Ayres-Frederick is a one person play based on her grandmother who fled from the Ukraine to South America before making it to the States where she lived to be 106; there will be a recipe for cherry strudel and a few secrets to survival revealed along the way.
- Tue, Mar 14San Francisco
- Wed, Mar 15San Francisco
- Sat, Mar 18San FranciscoMar 18, 2:00 PMSan Francisco, 470 Florida St, San Francisco, CA 94110, USACreated by Debórah Eliezer—who herself is a survivor of California’s recent wildfires—and the Aviva Arts Ensemble in a devised performance that incorporates physical theater, dance, song, documentary video and puppetry to tell a story about land, displacement and renewal.
- Tue, May 30Phoenix TheatreMay 30, 7:00 PMPhoenix Theatre, 414 Mason St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USALa Mamá Chingona is a play centering Marcia, a Chicana in pursuit of motherhood. The parallel story of La Malinche, known as the mother of Mexico, scorned for being a traitor and also celebrated as a hero, where she finally tells her side of the story.
- Tue, Jun 06Phoenix Theatre
- Tue, Jun 13Phoenix TheatreJun 13, 7:00 PMPhoenix Theatre, 414 Mason St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USAThe Ball Biddies are ready to play ball and break hearts. This boisterous group of older gay women play a mean game of softball as they laugh, fight, and fall in love. Meanwhile, a young lesbian observes from the dugout, desperate to feel a part of a community she feels so distant from.
- Tue, Jun 20Phoenix Theatre
- Time is TBD3GT WebsiteTime is TBD3GT WebsiteIn honor of the company’s 2021 Tenth Anniversary, we collaborated on a unique project in lockdown: the first ever 3Girls Theatre Radio Play! Written “for your ears only” by an intergenerational, intersectional team of 3GT playwrights, and brought to air by a crew of talented audio artists.